1. Our welcome team will ask you to fill out an information card so you can be connected to our church family in the future.
2. Parking Information, List of Small Groups & Fellowship of EFCI, etc., are available on the welcome table. If you would like to lean more about small groups or fellowship, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
3. You are invited to stay for lunch provided by the church after service so we may get to know each other better. If you have any questions or prayer requests, you are more than welcome to let us know.
4. Please see Parking Information for details on where to park. You are responsible for your valuable items (whether in the car or in the church building). If you have any special request, please contact the ushers of the congregation you are attending.
5. Please turn off or silent your cell phone, refrain yourself from loud conversations, video games, or wondering around in the chapel during worship service. Smoking is not permitted on church premises.
EFC Irvine belongs to the Evangelical Formosan Church (EFC) family that was established to minister to the Taiwanese immigrants in North America in its early days. Over the years, EFCI saw the needs of different people groups and developed ministry for all Chinese, Asian, and even cross-cultural groups. Faith wise, we are a non-denominational Evangelical church that accepts the work of the Holy Spirit. For our statement of faith, please visit EFC General Assembly website .
1. The church is a place of worship, please do not engage in any commercial or business activity.
2. If you would like to post any flyer, advertisement, or announcement, please contact our Administrative Office. Please do not post or place anything without permission from EFCI.
• If you are not a baptized Christian, or do not understand the meaning of offering, please do not feel obligated to give.
• If you want to give, please make check payable to EFCI. We will provide tax receipts by January of next year.
Holy Communion is served on the First Sunday of each month for baptized Christians – in remembrance of what Jesus Christ has done for us and also for self-examination.
• EFCI conducts two baptismal ceremonies a year in general: Easter and Thanksgiving. For those who wish to get baptized, please fill out the baptism application form. Sprinkling is the default baptismal method at EFCI.
If you desire a different date or wish to receive immersion baptism, please make your request known when applying.
• The Meaning of baptism – becoming the Lord’s disciple, through baptism, we are buried with Him in death, and with Him we receive a new life!
• The Recipient of baptism – individuals 12 years or older who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, are willing to confess their faith publicly, and have completed the EFCI Basic Christianity Course. (Note: though one automatically receives EFCI membership through baptism, one needs to be 18 years or older to have the right to vote at church.)
• Child Dedication is conducted each year on Easter and Thanksgiving Sundays (application needed).
• Meaning: Child dedication is NOT infant baptism, it is to encourage parents to raise their children in the way of Christ.
• Recipient: for children under 12 years of age from a Christian family.
Please contact the church secretary for rental details. If you wish to have an EFCI Pastor to officiate the wedding, please contact the Pastoral Office. The Pastor will setup a time to understand your faith, family background, and relationship status, then will provide premarital counseling service prior to the wedding. However, EFCI reserves the right to refuse facility rental to anyone and all EFCI Pastors reserve the right to refuse being the wedding officiant.
Everyone is welcome to join our small group, fellowship, activities, and Sunday service. If you would like to officially become a member of our EFCI family:
• Qualification: any baptized Christian who agrees with EFCI’s Statement of Faith and system of organization may apply for EFCI membership.
• Procedure: fill out an application form -> attend the one-hour Membership Class -> approval by the Elder board/Pastoral office -> membership certificate given.
• Active Member status is achieved when an EFCI member holds membership for more than 3 months, attends Sunday service for more than half the time in the past 3 months, and is 18 years or older. Active members have the right to vote at EFCI congregational meetings.